The purpose of the Kern Electric Vehicle Charging Station (EVCS) Blueprint is to accelerate the deployment of zero emission transportation to help reach Kern COG 2018 Regional Transportation Plan air quality goals. Kern COG was awarded a grant of $200,000 from the California Energy Commission to create a Kern EVCS Blueprint. Kern COG staff, the consultant Center for Sustainable Energy and the Kern EVCS Work Group (WG) are working to complete a draft Kern EVCS Blueprint in March 2019 and a completed Blueprint in May 2019.
- Draft Kern EVCS Blueprint
The Kern EVCS WG is tasked with the following work:
- Review documents and provide or process information between the meetings
- Set goals for EV infrastructure and vehicle deployment throughout Kern County
- Review and accept the project selection methodology for up to 12 projects incorporated in the plan
- Distribute and/or identify contacts for the distribution of a Kern EV Blueprint toolkit
- Kern COG member agencies are also invited to provide input to the EVCS Blueprint as above.
The following documents are available for review. Comments and input for items 1, 2, and 3 may be provided on the Comment Form and sent to Linda Urata, Regional Planner at firstname.lastname@example.org or to Dave Lange at email@example.com. On the Comment Form, please note the title of the document and for specific comments, cite specific page numbers.
- Outreach Form Suggesting Contacts for CSE to Engage
- Outreach Brief
- Concepts, Methodology, Siting Report
- EV Charging Station Siting
- Comment Form