The purpose of the Kern Electric Vehicle Charging Station (EVCS) Blueprint is to accelerate the deployment of zero emission transportation to help reach Kern COG 2018 Regional Transportation Plan air quality goals. Kern COG was awarded a grant of $200,000 from the California Energy Commission to create a Kern EVCS Blueprint. Kern COG staff, the consultant Center for Sustainable Energy and the Kern EVCS Work Group (WG) are working to complete a draft Kern EVCS Blueprint in March 2019 and a completed Blueprint in May 2019.
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station Resources June 2022
- Kern EVCS Blueprint
- Workplaces Toolkit
- Destinations Toolkit
- Public Institutions Toolkit
- Multi-Unit Dwellings Toolkit
- Community Based Organizations and Disadvantaged Communities Toolkit
- Fleets Toolkit
The Kern EVCS WG is tasked with the following work:
- Review documents and provide or process information between the meetings
- Set goals for EV infrastructure and vehicle deployment throughout Kern County
- Review and accept the project selection methodology for up to 12 projects incorporated in the plan
- Distribute and/or identify contacts for the distribution of a Kern EV Blueprint toolkit
- Kern COG member agencies are also invited to provide input to the EVCS Blueprint as above.